Sunday 29 April 2012

Clarisonic Mia

CLARISONIC MIA


I started using earlier this month.  I had seen a few positive reviews on these from America and liked the sound of it so I went on the hunt to find it in Australia as the shipping on these from America was expensive and varying between $30 and $40.

I found them available online at a few places in Australia but I chose to purchase mine from Active Skin because it was one of the cheapest in Australia at $134.10 and I could get free shipping on purchases of $140 or more and they had the lavender ones in stock.  To make it up to $140 I also bought some Fudge Dynamite Conditioning Sachets.  I also received  alot of free samples of cleaners & moisturisers from Active Skin too. 

I don't understand the sonic technology behind this but I can tell you I can see a difference in my skin in the short time that I've been using it.  My skin is brighter, clearer and fine lines have diminished.  Blackheads are also a thing of the past since using this. 

I like how it's on a timer and as long as you count once you switch it on, it won't turn off before you've finished.  The recommended time is 20 seconds for forehead, 10 seconds on each cheek and 20 seconds for nose/chin area.  I've been doing only 10 seconds on my forehead so I have an extra 10 seconds to do under my chin and down to my neck. 

It has a pLink charger which is really neat and you just sit the unit on top of the charger and a light on the handle of the unit tells you when it's fully charged.  The unit is completely sealed and waterproof so you can use it in the shower which is why it has this type of charger.



The Clarisonic Mia comes with a sensitive brush head which is to be cleaned once a week and replaced every 3 - 4 months depending on how often you use it.  There are different types of brush heads and I found the cheapest brush heads on ebay.  I purchased 2 brand new heads for $25 + $5 postage from America.  So I'm set for quite a few months in regards to brush heads. 

I really am so glad that I bought this because I can see the benefits in my skin but I do struggle to see why it's so expensive but I do love it and I love that they have all different colours available and that I got a lavender one.  Apparently lavender is a limited edition colour.

If you like the sound of this but not the price tag then have a look at the one that Priceline have on sale until 7 May 12.  It's a Harmony Ultrasonic Cleansing Brush.  It sounds very similar to the Clarisonic Mia and is on sale now for only $89.

Thanks for reading. 

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments or suggestions please. Thank you!